Avocado oil is a high quality oil that is easily absorbed into the deep tissue of the skin, with wonderful emollient properties, and outstanding regenerative properties.
Full of vitamins A, B, D, E, K, folate, protein, potassium, phytonutrients, and lecithin. It also contains amino acids, sterols, pantothenic acid, and essential fatty acids. Highly emollient with anti-wrinkle, anti-bacterial, and antioxidant properties. Antioxidants have been shown to slow the aging process.
Avocado oil penetrates the skin more deeply than other oils allowing it to transport nutrients through the outer epidermis of the skin and into the dermis for increased effectiveness. It is an oil that is great for all skin types, and is especially kind to mature, sensitive or troubled skin and those suffering from eczema or psoriasis. Although, everyone can benefit from avocado oil.
Read on to learn about avocado oil and how it can transform your skin!
Avocado oil is an edible oil pressed from the fruit of the Persea americana (avocado). It is one of few vegetable/fruit oils not derived from seeds; it is pressed from the fleshy pulp surrounding the avocado pit. Avocado trees were originally grown in Central America. This fruit was considered to be the "fruit of kings" and thus, meant to be used only by the royals. Avocado oil is usually categorized as a vegetable oil, despite the fact that, it is actually a fruit. Avocado offers tremendous nutritional advantages externally and internally, and therefore, it is regarded as one of the best fruits gifted to us by Mother Nature.
The oil should be green in color, unrefined, cold pressed, and organic for maximum benefits and best quality. Pure, natural avocado oil contains nothing but the oily extract obtained from the fruit. It contains no preservatives and no emulsifiers: no surfactants that can be harsh on your skin. Any synthetic equivalent will have a list of ingredients as long as your arm, and nobody can say that all of these are as good for your skin as simply the natural oil from the avocado is.
Benefits Of Avocado Oil
- Avocado oil is very useful when treating sun or climate damaged skin that is dehydrated and undernourished as it is said to help with regenerating the skin and softening the tissue.
- Avocado oil also has natural sunscreen properties, and can enhance the ability of products to protect the skin and hair from UVA and UVB rays. In tests, avocado oil proved to be a more effective sunscreen than jojoba, coconut, olive, sesame, and almond oils.
- It is high in sterolins, which help to reduce age spots and help heal sun damage and scars. It is the sterolins (also called plant steroids) in the oil that help to soften the skin and which impart a superior moisturizing effect. For this reason it is an ideal ingredient to include when formulating a product for people with dehydrated, sun or climate damaged skin, as it is an extremely good moisturizing and nourishing compound, assisting in the regeneration and rejuvenation of the skin.
- In a study done at the Department of Food Engineering and Biotechnology, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology in 1991, it was found that avocado oil significantly increases the amount of collagen in the skin - which normally is under attack as we grow older.
- Avocado oil penetrates deeply into the skin, moreso than almond, soy, and olive oil. It has a rare ability to transport active substances rapidly into the skin. It is highly nourishing and moisturizes very well. It is packed in many nutrients essential to skin health.
- Cold pressed, unrefined Avocado oil is edible therefore completely safe to put on your skin. For everything put on the skin, some of it will find it's way directly into your bloodstream.
- Fatty Acid content in avocado oil helps protect the skin; it prevents the evaporation of water from the skin surface. By blocking the evaporative loss of water, fatty acids increase the water content of skin, keeping skin moisturized and supple, improving elasticity and long term water-retention capability.
- Avocado oil is high in antioxidants which benefit your skin by destroying the free radicals that prematurely age it. These free radicals are generated by pollutants such as traffic fumes and pesticides, and also by sunlight UV, cigarette smoke and as a result of your body's normal metabolism. They can be destroyed by rubbing avocado oil into your skin.
- Lastly, avocado oil is a wonderfully beneficial oil for the skin, and faced with a choice between products containing synthetic petroleum derived oils (in other words most over-the-counter products out there) or natural products containing organic super foods like this, it's really no contest.
HOMEMADE AVOCADO BEAUTY RECIPES